Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Long Lost Ripple and Something New

Have you forgotten about my ripple? It seems like I sure did.


Over the last couple of months it has been seriously neglected. I haven't worked on it nearly as much as I wanted to. With all of my other projects it got pushed aside, obviously:D. I have managed to add a few colors. Blues, pink, red, white, orange, yellow, and purple. I can now say that I am over half way finished with it.


Now that the weather has started to change (YaAy!!!) I have found myself making more things for the home... Like the basket. I'm not so much in the mood to make scarves or mitts now. I have several new ideas as well.

I started two new projects


I'm sure you can guess what it is...it's not the chair or the curtains...tehe.

Yes, it's a bright, spring inspired rug. It's only half finished. I want to make it longer than what you see in the photo. This is a corner in Ireland's room. She thinks this rug is for her. It may end up going in her room in front of her little chair. I'm not sure yet.

Look at the back...I love it as much as the front (right side)


I'm also making another rug in a linen color. It's a solid color and a rectangle...not a runner. I'll give you all the details in my next post. I was inspired by the one pictured below. It is the Big Stitch Knit Rug at the Purl bee


My rugs are crocheted versions

I'm feeling better now that I have posted about my ripple. I felt guilty for neglecting it for so long. Maybe I'll get it finished by the time it reaches 90 degrees here:D

I'm hoping to finish the rugs by Friday or Saturday. I'll show you lots of photos with the super easy pattern.

I'm so excited about it. Especially about the one I haven't showed you yet!

22 comments:

  1. Love the rug and the ripple. The colors are so bright and spring-like. I knitted a couple of rugs on huge knitting needles holding three yarns together, it was a fantastic way to use up stash yarn.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meredith,
      I thought about knitting one when I saw the Purlbee one, but then I remembered how slow I am at knitting.
      Have a great day:D

      Delete
  2. Wow! I love all of these! The gorgeous ripple with it's bright and cheerful colours, Ireland's rug is so pretty and your linen coloured rug looks so comfy to stand on. Maggie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I intended the colorful one to be totally different and not so kid like. I guess I'll have to make another with orange and reds, instead of the easter colors.

      Delete
  3. I love your ripple! It's so completely cheerful and cosy looking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks:D When you finished yours, it motivated me to get going again. You did a beautiful job.

      Delete
  4. Still loving your ripple. I'm having the same trouble with not wanting to make "winter" things. Trouble is that I still haven't made myself a cowl as I had planned. :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you:D I haven't finished a lot of things either. I have been so addicted to crocheting here lately, I let a coupon for a free Shutterfly book expire. Crazy huh. My other addiction is photobooks. No wonder I don't have a full time job...tehe:D

      Delete
  5. Ooh! I've been dreaming of rugs lately. Hee hee! can't wait to see all your pictures!
    The ripple is beautiful!!
    Genevieve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Genevieve,
      I hope to have them finished by the weekend.
      Liz

      Delete
  6. Is the pattern for your magnificent Ripple here on your blog..cant seem to find it.
    It looks great
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen,
      I used Lucy's Neat Ripple Pattern instructions from Attic 24. If you do not know about her blog, it is in my bloglist. I started with 4 rows of the first color, then 2 rows of the next, 4 rows, then 2 rows. I think Lucy's Neat Ripple Pattern and a lot of other ripples you see use the 2 row sequence throughout. I thought I would change it up. I was following the Royal Sisters version, but for my next one I will do the 2 row sequence.
      Thanks so much,
      Liz

      Delete
  7. Hello Liz! I like everything here!!! Colours of ripple blanket, they are so bright... Great! New unfinished rug... Lovely! And curtains I like too! :)
    Olga ☼

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Olga,
      Thanks so much. I can't take credit for the curtains...they're from Target:D
      Liz

      Delete
  8. Love the ripple afghan - the colors are great. I like your spring inspired rug as well - I bet your daughter will be thrilled to have that in her room. Looking forward to your next post to see the completed projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sara,

      Thanks so much. I should be posting the pattern for the striped one tomorrow (Saturday). Unfortunately, I got sidetracked and haven't finished the solid colored one...but soon.

      Liz

      Delete
  9. I am so eager to start making ripple blanket! Yours looking awesomely neat and colourful!What will you suggest for starting? What kind of yarn is better to use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am using acrylic yarn. I went to AC Moore when they were having a huge sale. I bought Vanna's Choice for 1.99 and 2.50. I love the color selection. I am also using other brands of acrylic like Loops and Threads Impeccables. I don't like Red Heart Super Saver...it's so squeaky and scratchy. It's up to you. I would recommend checking out each brand and see what feels good to you.
      The reason I am using acrylic is for the cost. I am making this one for about 40.00 which is pretty awesome. I think I'm using about 14 or 15 colors and more than one skein for certain colors.

      If you choose to use nicer yarn, the cost of materials could double or triple.
      I am working on mine very slowly, because I keep getting orders that have to go out first.

      Let me know if I can help you,
      Liz

      Delete